Welcome to my photography blog where I will share with you my photographic efforts and some of the stories behind these photos. I am keen amateur photographer and took up the hobby in September 2011. In November 2012 I self published a charity photographic book on Amazon "Beating Bowel Cancer", which contained my photographic efforts to raise money for the charity of the same name. I enjoy the challenge of learning new techniques and photographic composition. I might not always get it right, but I have great fun trying...

Friday 17 January 2014

Norfolk Waterways


A rather rude 5:00am alarm call got me up and running for a work trip to Norfolk. Lashing rain on the way there fortunately cleared as daylight came and I was able to enjoy views of the vast array of waterways and open countryside. It's a wonderful part of the countryside and somewhere I would like to visit properly in the not too distant future. The early start meant I was back at work by lunchtime, but a combination of making excellent time and having to give the dogs a couple of pit stops meant I had a brief photo opportunity in the village of Upwell where the River Nene intersects the village with houses either side. Alas time didn't allow me to spend much time here or indeed find the best photographic locations, but I stood on a small footbridge over the river and took a photo in each direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment